Ministry of Textiles and Jute will recognize 10 organizations for their contribution for developing national textile sector
While celebrating National Textiles Day 2022 today on 4th December, Textile and Jute Minister Mr. Golam Dastagir Gazi announced the initiative to encourage institutions for their excellence in the industry. Secretary of Textile and Jute, Md Abdur Rauf, Director General of Textile Directorate Md. Nuruzzaman and senior officials of the ministry were also present at the press conference held in the Textile and Jute ministry’s conference room here today.
Golam Dostagir Gazi said, “The government has taken initiatives to boost the capacity and modernize the textile sector in order to attract more investments. As a part of mass promotion, ‘National Textile Day’ is being celebrated today with an aim to increase the demand both locally and in international markets.”
“Ten organisations from the textile sector will be awarded on 12th January in a ceremony organized at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) marking the day,” Golam Dastagir said, the award is the recognition of their contribution to the expansion of the industry and its knowledge while expediting export growth.
Ten organizations selected for the award are –
- Bangladesh Garments Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA),
- Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA),
- Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA),
- Bangladesh Specialized Textile Mills and Power loom Industries Association (BSTMPIA),
- Bangladesh Cotton Association (BCA),
- Bangladesh Garment Buying House Association (BGBA),
- Bangladesh Terry Towel and Linen Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BTTLMA),
- Bangladesh Textile University (BUTEX),
- Bangladesh Garment Accessories and Packaging Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGAPMAE)
- Bangladesh Weavers Associations (Tanti Samity).